Custom Search

Friday 16 January 2009

Thought for the day

OK, here’s my thought for the day. I was at the new kebaberrie in town (they just got a new one of those tools they use for cutting "the finest cuts of chicken" from the big spinnin' stick) enjoying my vegetarian gozleme, when two law enforcement officers entered, just after a kebab and a salad. It interests me how everyone becomes uncomfortable around police. This is the question that arose:

Why is it necessary when one goes to purchase a kebab, to arm oneself with a firearm, a taser, handcuffs, a baton, a combat knife, a gas grenade, amongst other things? And why must this arsenal be strapped to oneself in a 5 inch think braided leather belt?

It seems that our police officers go to lunch dressed as if going to war. I think the tension this causes contributes negatively to their image in the community. How can they expect to maintain good public relations when they cause such unrest with their mere presence? It is no accident that they are perceived as such threatening members of society.




Two posts in two days. Wow. How unlike me. Also: the gozleme was quite tasty. I've had better i probably will stick to the ones with spinach and avoid the less specific "veggies" from now on.

Over,
M'

1 comment:

  1. Now that you are in Sydney and doing lots of stuff you don't have anything to write about? I find *that* hard to believe...

    ReplyDelete