Custom Search

Thursday 10 February 2011

ANZ ATM

I just sent the following to the ANZ, via the ANZ Online Enquies service:

Earlier today I attempted to withdraw funds from my ANZ account, with my ANZ card, at an ANZ ATM. I was given the message that the transaction had timed out, and I should try again.

This would be fine, but my card was retained by an ATM. I contacted ANZ immediately and was offered no explanation as to why my card was taken, and the only option offered to me was a reissued card.

I accept that corporate bureaucracy dictates little flexibility; but since ANZ lies at fault in this situation I was decidedly unimpressed by ANZs refusal to issue my card by Express Post. Expecting me to tolerate a bank error leaving me without my card for a week is extremely poor work on your company's behalf.
I was then asked to obtain a pen and paper to copy down some number; I had already made it clear that I am standing at an ATM, not in an office. When I asked for the number to be sent by email or text message, I was again refused any flexibility.

When banking with the Commonwealth Bank I was subjected to extremely lacklustre customer service, and as a result I ceased banking with them. I had hoped ANZ would prove more worthwhile, and since I opened my accounts last April they have.

I hope that this issue will be resolved with expedience so that I can remain an ANZ customer now and in the future. I'm sure my continued business is worth the cost of an Express Post envelope.

Regards,
Michael


The card arrived, in regular mail. A few days later, I received a phone call from ANZ apologising, but explaining that they don't offer an express option. What they do offer is a courier; which costs $50, but is free if it's a bank error. Since I didn't get my free courier, they're instead going to offer me a free courier next time I need my card replaced and it actually is my fault. I'm happy enough with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment