Custom Search

Monday 29 September 2008

Last Week

Thursday was our last official day, so Wednesday became the last real day. I was pretty busy setting up for Thursday, but I didn't miss the whole day. I was half an hour late, but that still left 15 or 20 minutes. It was Mr. Pinson's birthday (Mrs. Webster tipped us off), so when he popped out of the room, I hopped up on the front table and conducted the class in a glorious loud rendition of Happy Birthday To You, after which the lesson resumed as normal. We spent our final class together covering syllabus dot points. It was really quite a mundane affair. In Engineering Studies with Mr. Watts, it was much the same situation: we worked through past HSC questions just like any other class period. More than half the class showed up for Maths, which is a pretty good turnout all things considered, but Ms. Bitchgerald showed her true colours by sending a substitute (F. Dog) despite the fact that she was at school. Needless to say, noone hung around for that class. I didn't go to Software Design, I hadn't been for some time: why stop a good thing? English was pretty heavy: we did work, and got a lecture. Again much like every other class. Entertainment was pretty well the same as evr, we did work and mucked around. It was a little less outrageous than usual, but all in all, fairly normal.

On Thursday Rhys gave me a lift into town to arrive early, and dad made us bacon and egg rolls to start the day. I set up the PA (which hasn't been working for a while - the new music teacher couldn't get it to work despite his best efforts over the past months; it took me about 5 minutes to get it working) and the JBL speakers facing out the windows, playing good music until about 8:15, then an air raid siren till 9:00. That really completed the whole affair. We also put the piano out on the upstairs outdoor walkway. There were a variety of other goings on which I wont go into except to mention that Mr. Edwards van tires got deflated (he had that coming to him), and Ms. Bitchgerald had a laminating sleeve left open on her windscreen all, 32 degrees hot, day. Also, we photocopied several thousand tiny messages from year 12, and stocked all the printers in the school with footer'ed paper (under a hundred odd plain blank sheets, so it will take a while before people notice).

Following this was the 'Final Assembly', after which about 70 of us went out to the beach near my place for the afternoon. That night, we had a presentation at the MEC (got to catch up with Kooriel again). I recieved 2 firsts, 2 seconds, some OAs (Outstanding Achievement, not Order af Australia), a VET award (with cash), a year advisors award, and the 'Above and Beyond' award: an inaugral award created this year, just for me :) .

On Friday, I went to the beach 5 times, cut my toenails, and did those things that seem to get left behind the rest of the time. It's nice to have some time off, but I dont think I'll be able to get back into it...

It's now Monday night, and I haven't yet really done anything.

Ah well, I'm off to watch Top Gear and Mighty Boosh.

3 comments:

  1. You'd better get back into work or the big Mumma will be on your case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased there were some actual pranks! I was talking to a schoolfriend the other day and we bemoaned the seeming absence of practical jokes and pranks these days. Here's a bunch of stuff you missed out on: http://www.ipgn.com.au/forum/archive/index.php/t-27732.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entertainment outrageous? I must have missed that class, surely it's a fairly mundane affair for a digital freedom fighter?

    ReplyDelete